PASSION YAMAHA
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

PASSION YAMAHA

AccueilAccueil  Portail*Portail*  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  
Chris Read en visite chez Gilles Gagné 2021_m10
Le Deal du moment :
Cdiscount : -30€ dès 300€ ...
Voir le deal

Chris Read en visite chez Gilles Gagné

AuteurMessage
Coyote.
Admin
Coyote.

Masculin
LOCALISATION (ville/city) : Laval & Lac Simon
VOS PRODUITS YAMAHA : Sidewinder LTX GT, GP 292 75, SL 338 72, SRX 18

Chris Read en visite chez Gilles Gagné Empty
MessageSujet: Chris Read en visite chez Gilles Gagné   Chris Read en visite chez Gilles Gagné EmptyMer 04 Fév 2009, 17:05

Mechanical Stuff
Here are a couple of pics from under the hood of the worlds fastest snowmobile… I was thinking what a great ad it would make to get Hondo and his world record mileage sled togther with G-force and their world speed record sled. I see a simple caption, something to the effect of: What does the worlds fastest snowmobile have in common with the worlds most reliable snowmobile? Yamaha engines!
Chris Read en visite chez Gilles Gagné Img_2771.thumbnail Chris Read en visite chez Gilles Gagné Img_2772.thumbnailChris Read en visite chez Gilles Gagné Img_2773.thumbnailChris Read en visite chez Gilles Gagné Img_2774.thumbnail
This supercharged G-Force Apex has a potential of over 500 hp, the view from the cockpit is somewhat intimidating. The large central tank contains ice water for engine cooling, the tank on the right side is water used specifically for the liquid-cooled, inter-cooler, then flows over the exhaust system, exiting via a water jacketed exhaust pipe (makes for a cool looking vapor cloud out the back). Some long travel MTB shocks up front for a comfy inch or two of suspension, The steering is achieved using cables like an old style F-I boat… The tank on the left running board hold the fuel (100% alcohol) and the one you can barely see up front holds the oil. They lost an engine to this at one point due to the extreme acceleration duration which forced the oil into the back of the tank causing the front mount oil pick-up to suck air… doh!
Chris Read en visite chez Gilles Gagné Img_2775.thumbnail Chris Read en visite chez Gilles Gagné Img_2776.thumbnailChris Read en visite chez Gilles Gagné Img_2777.thumbnailChris Read en visite chez Gilles Gagné Img_2783.thumbnail
I have seen this fluid primary clutch before that Gilles is helping bring to the next level. There are pistons in each of the cylindrical chambers which are oil filled. Under centrifugal force the pistons force the oil into another chamber through tunable passageways causing the shieve to close. Note the schrader valve: the top of the main chamber uses air pressure to replace the primary spring to return the shieve, forcing the oil back into the the piston cylinders. It is infinitely adjustable by varying the amounts of air and oil. It also is not limited (durability) by RPM like a conventional clutch, which in our case, could negate the need for a reduction gear. They have developed a very cool feature with a hydraulic, remote control which allows the driver to hold the clutch shift on the line regardless of RPM, can you spell ‘holeshot’… boggles the mind!
I had mentioned that Gilles has developed a clutch spec for the Nytro which in his words is clutched ’similar to a 2-stroke’. Our OE clutch spec is intentional delivering a very hard hit for the purpose of bump timing and lofting the front end over obstacles . He has discovered- for the guys running around on the groomed trails- that lowering the shift RPM, keeping the engine in the fat part of the torque curve allows for superior trail manners with increased fuel economy. He has machined his own fly weights which shift out sooner than stock and keeps the engine working, they have re calibrated the secondary and applied a little magic, the end result has more than a few Quebec trail burners smiling.
When Gilles was explaining his tuning theory for the Nytro, I was reminded of the old ‘wind-shield wiper’ analogy. This is where the tach and speedo needles advance at the same rate, kinda like a couple of windshield wipers, as opposed to a narrow power band engine (2-stroke) that ideally should tach out to the optimum max RPM then drag the speedo needle up to speed. I wagged my index fingers to demonstrate and Gilles gave me a big grin…’nough said.
Looking to tame the beast, putting more power to the trail with no loss to top performance? Give Gagne Lessard a call, don’t be shy they have English speaking staff… what I’m hearing is all good! cheers cr
New Stuff
My friends over on Totallyamaha have probably seen the latest ‘teaser’ but in case you don’t know… Johnny is back (and thank the powers that be… so is Bunny). I would have posted this sooner but I just stumbled out from the mushroom patch Chris Read en visite chez Gilles Gagné Icon_wink

The embargo date for the 2010 sleds is Feb 10 at 12:00 noon EST. We will have all the specs up on our web-sites and after the dust settles, I’ll add my .25 to the controversy.Yes you read that correct. I anticipate that we will have controversy after reading all the conjecture on what we are about to unveil… I do hope the 300hp turbo Apex rumor won’t disappoint too many if it doesn’t happen… ;-) cheers cr
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://www.passion-yamaha.com

Chris Read en visite chez Gilles Gagné
Page 1 sur 1