PASSION YAMAHA
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

PASSION YAMAHA

AccueilAccueil  Portail*Portail*  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  
Mise au point de Chris au sujet des 2010 2021_m10
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Pokémon EV06 : où acheter le Bundle Lot 6 Boosters Mascarade ...
Voir le deal

Mise au point de Chris au sujet des 2010

AuteurMessage
Coyote.
Admin
Coyote.

Masculin
LOCALISATION (ville/city) : Laval & Lac Simon
VOS PRODUITS YAMAHA : Sidewinder LTX GT, GP 292 75, SL 338 72, SRX 18

Mise au point de Chris au sujet des 2010 Empty
MessageSujet: Mise au point de Chris au sujet des 2010   Mise au point de Chris au sujet des 2010 EmptyMer 11 Fév 2009, 19:27

February 11, 2009

A Sign of the Times

On this rare occasion, I am going to disregard my own ‘terms of use’and shove my arm in the fire. There is an old saying ‘don’t shoot the messenger’, but just in case… it’s been a slice!
I had intended on posting a blog right on top of the new model launch yesterday but I had a couple of problemMise au point de Chris au sujet des 2010 Als-group-photo.thumbnails. The first is kind of lame, but true. I rode just over 840 km on the weekend to take part in the ALS / Ride for John (Snowtrax) and my old fingers (not to mention most of my upper body) was not responding well to neural input.
The second problem, is all the scathing comments I’ve been reading on Totallyamaha, some of which were directed at me personally. I realized the controversy regarding our 2010 line, (which I had anticipated and alluded to on this blog), was more intense than first thought. (Heck, some are even dis’ing Bunny!)
One reason I paused in reflection was SledFreaks challenge to me on TY… ‘Oh you will see my name on his blog… I can’t wait for him to try and defend this insult of a lineup.’
Now I really don’t think he meant the lineup is insulting, so much as what is missing from it is insulting. Most of the disappointment I felt from reading the forums is focused on the Apex and the expectations (and hype) for more power, performance, technology etc.
SF, In all honesty… I have no defense. It occurred to me, just like you, I am also disappointed (have been for a long time). You see, I am also a die-hard Apex rider and I also want a new sled. The only difference is, I learned some time ago, we would not be releasing it this year (not to say wewon’t eventually) and I guess I sort of got over it. Trust me when I tell you I did voice my sentiments internally, in spite of our efforts it was just not possible. But to quote an old ad: ‘we will serve no wine before its time…’ arguably it is time but I cannot share all the background concerning the rationale (some of our competitor’s also visit this blog regularly)

I take a lot of solace from knowledge gained from industry research and web metrics. I know for every one comment I receive online there are upwards to three hundred people who read, consider and draw their own varied conclusions. Many of these folks are not as ‘hard-core’ or extreme when it comes to their sleds. We have sold a good number of Vectors and the new model is really quite impressive and IMHO is now the best choice hands down, for the majority of trail riders. It’s unfortunate it has to live in the shadow of the four cylinder but I will save my Vector comments for another day. Same goes for the Air Nytro.
The other big topic question in several of the comments here and over on TY is to do with pricing and the Canadian v.s. USA imbalance. As I have said before, this is an area beyond my expertise.
I will say on the subject of economics, I am also very disappointed. I am disappointed that the greed of money lenders in the USA was permitted to go so far unchecked. I am disappointed that the ’system’ has failed so miserably and on such a huge scale as to cause a global financial melt-down. I really can’t fathom the depth of impact which this is having around the world, meanwhile we continue to invest in foreign policies (or policing) at what cost? I am disappointed that the Yen has remained so strong against our currency and disappointed with the cards my company has been dealt within this whole mess.
The net result should come as no great surprise. We have been faced with some significant challenges over the last few months and this is reflected in our price increase. I certainly understand the frustrations heard in many of your comments and ask the same from you regarding my inability to debate the subject.
I am however thankful of a few things. I am thankful that Canada has been spared much of the impact of this recession (so far). I am thankful that our engineers continue to deliversignificant improvements to our products, even when faced with severe cut-backs and losses in Japan. I am thankful that I still have a job, a sled and the health (still thinking of you Big John!) to enjoy it.
In closing, I am waiting with baited breath, to see what March will bring when our competitors announce their new models, pricing and programs. It is always difficult to be the first in… If you believe history repeats then you should believe that Yamaha will do whatever we must do to remain competitive.
Cheers cr
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://www.passion-yamaha.com

Mise au point de Chris au sujet des 2010
Page 1 sur 1